Cheesy Spaghetti Squash Alfredo
Spaghetti squash combine with Alfredo sauce, Parmesan, and seasonings, shredded mozzarella and are broiled until melted. Delicious low-carb side dish.
- 2 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 small jar Alfredo Sauce
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Flat leaf parsley, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Wash and dry the squash.
Using a sharp knife, make 4 deep slits in each squash about 3/4-inch wide. Place the squash on a baking sheet; bake for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
Cut stems off with a large serrated knife; cut squash in half lengthwise. Carefully remove the seedy part in the center. Using a fork, separate and pull the spaghetti-like strands to the center of the squash.
Preheat oven to broil.
Add salt and pepper to taste, about 1/4 cup Alfredo sauce, and 1 to 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese to each squash half, lifting to incorporate with the strands. When combined, sprinkle tops with a little more Parmesan and about 1/3 cup of the shredded mozzarella. Place squash halves on a baking sheet.
Stick squash under the broiler for 3-4 minutes, until lightly browned and cheese melts (watch carefully so they don't burn).
Sprinkle tops with crushed red pepper flakes and chopped parsley, if desired. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Moonshine Julep 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Summer Strawberry Jello Pie 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Fried Eggplant with Honey-Lemon... 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Potato Casserole 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Spaghetti Squash & Tomato Bake 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Spaghetti Squash Caprese Bake 4.2/5 (33 Votes)