Rosemary And Garlic Roast Leg Of Lamb
- 1 bone-in leg of lamb - (abt 6 to 7 1/2 lbs)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 8 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons coarsely-ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh herbs (combination of rosemary, chives, and parsley)
- 2 cups diced onions
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup red wine
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Using your hands, rub the lamb all over with the lemon juice. Pat the garlic and rosemary evenly all over the surface of the meat. Season the meat with the salt and pepper and place the lamb in a roasting pan. Place the lamb in the oven and roast for 30 minutes.
Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees and continue to cook for about 1 hour longer for medium-rare, or until a meat thermometer inserted into the center of the roast registers about 145 to 150 degrees (be careful that the thermometer does not touch the bone.) Remove lamb from pan and allow to rest for 10 to 15 minutes before carving.
Position the roasting pan over your stove burners. Add mixed herbs and onions to pan, and stir to combine with pan drippings. Add chicken stock and wine to deglaze the pan, scraping the bottom with a wooden spoon to release any fond. Reduce over high heat until sauce consistency. Strain before serving, if desired. Slice lamb and serve with sauce drizzled over the top.
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (809 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Tuscan Garlic Chicken 4.5/5 (438 Votes)
- Pioneer Woman's Garlic Cheese Bread 4.6/5 (318 Votes)