Grilled Zucchini with Parmesan
- 2 medium zucchini (about 1 lb total)
- 4 oz parmesan cheese (or grated)
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp each salt and freshly ground pepper
- juice of 1/2 lemon
Preheat grill to medium (375). Wash and dry zucchini. Trim ends off at a diagnal. Slice crosswise on the diagnal, about 1/2 - 3/4" thick (you'll have thick, oblong slices of squash).
Using a vegetable peeler, shave wide ribbons from the block of parmesan cheese to measure 1/3 cup. Set aside. Alternately, use grated parmesan.
In a medium bowl, gently toss zucchini with olive oil, salt and pepper to coat. Place zucchini slices directly on the preheated grill or a vegetable grilling rack. Grill for 10-12 minutes, turning once after about 6 minutes. The squash should be lighly charred and cooked through, but still firm. Remove zucchini slices to a serving plate. Squeeze half a lemon over the slices, then top with parmesean ribbons. Serve warm. Refrigerate any leftovers.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes 4.5/5 (398 Votes)
- Pumpkin Roll Cake 4.5/5 (269 Votes)
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (191 Votes)
- Veggie Club Sandwich and Zucchini... 4.5/5 (151 Votes)