- 4 cups diced rhubarb
- 4 cups fresh strawberries hulled, and halved if large
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur (Grand Marnier or Cointreau recommended)
- 10 tablespoons cold unsalted butter cut 1/2" pieces
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
In a large bowl, combine the rhubarb, strawberries, 3/4 cup of the granulated sugar, orange zest, cornstarch and orange liqueur, and toss to thoroughly combine. Grease a 9- by 13-inch casserole or baking dish with 1 tablespoon of the butter and transfer the fruit mixture to the prepared casserole.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining 9 tablespoons of butter, flour, remaining 1/4 cup of granulated sugar, the brown sugar and salt and cut together until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the fruit and bake until the topping is golden brown and crispy and fruit is bubbly in places, about 45 minutes.
Cool briefly and serve warm, with a dollop of whipped cream, ice cream, or creme fraiche, if desired.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (310 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)
- Raspberry Beignets with Vanilla... 4.6/5 (187 Votes)
- Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake 4.4/5 (181 Votes)