Pink Lady Apple Pie
- 2 Cups Flour
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 2/3 Cup Shortening or Butter
- 6 Tablespoons Ice Water
- 8 Cups of thinly Sliced Pink Lady Apples
- 3/4 Cup of sugar
- 3/4-1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Nutmeg (Optional. I always leave it out.)
Adapted from cuisinart.com
Combine first 4 ingredients in cuisinart Stand mixer bowl as follows:
1. Combine flour and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly.
2. Gradually add water, Pulsing on and off until dough forms a ball. Divide dough in half so one ball is slightly larger than the other.
3. Roll out the larger ball to fit a 9-in. or 10-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry even with the edge of a plate.
4. Set second ball of dough to the side covered to roll out after we finish the filling.
1. Heat oven to 400 Degrees F.
2. Mix all filling ingredients in a large bowl. *In the beginning there will look like there is not enough liquid, but as you mix, you will find there to be quite a bit.
3. Place inside the double crust and cover with second crust. *Place slits in the top or you can decorate the top crust with a cookie cutter design.
4. Bake 15 minutes and cover the edges of the crust, and then bake an additional 25-35 minutes.
5. Cool for at least an hour.
6. Cut and enjoy with some Vanilla Bean Ice cream!