South Beach Bean Salad
Great salad served rom temp. Or cold.
Add some tuna and a squeeze of lemon. Add and switch other vegetables, like sliced baby zucchini, sun dried tomato, green beans, etc.
Also try using fresh basil sliced very thin instead of dried basil.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 TB. Red wine vinegar
- 2 TB. Minced red onion
- 1 1/2 tsp. each dried oregano and basil
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 (15 oz.) can cannelloni beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Whisk together oil, vinegar, onion, oregano and basil in a large mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
Makes 2 (2 cup) servings.