Orange And Rum Poached Pineapples With Vanilla Yogurt
- 1 pineapple skin, eyes, and blemishes removed
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup light brown sugar - (packed)
- 1/2 vanilla bean split lengthwise
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1/2 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons coconut liqueur
- 2 tablespoons toasted shredded coconut
- 4 sprigs mint for garnish
Cut the pineapple crosswise into 3/4-inch rounds (there should be 8 slices), and remove the core. In a large nonstick saute skillet, combine the orange juice, lemon juice, sugar, vanilla bean, and vanilla seeds. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. When the sugar is dissolved, add the pineapple slices and cover. Cook 1 minute, then reduce the heat to low. Continue to cook for 4 minutes.
Remove the pan from the heat and add the rum. Return to the heat and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Using a slotted spoon, remove the pineapple from the pan and place in a large bowl. Place the pan over medium heat, cook until reduced and thick, 5 to 7 minutes. Pour the syrup over the pineapple and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Place the yogurt in a cheesecloth-lined fine mesh strainer placed over a bowl, and let drain, refrigerated, for 2 hours, or overnight. Add the coconut liqueur to the drained yogurt and mix well.
To serve, remove the vanilla bean from the bowl. Divide the pineapple slices and syrup between 4 small bowls. Top with a dollop of vanilla yogurt and sprinkle with toasted coconut. Garnish with the mint and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (809 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)
- Frozen Banana Bites 4.5/5 (272 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.5/5 (230 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (164 Votes)
- Pineapple Mango Rum Cocktail 4.5/5 (145 Votes)