Patty Melt Pizza and Banana Split Salad
•Cut into 2-inch squares (party cut) to create mini pizza appetizers for holiday parties and buffets.
- Total Time - 35 minutes / Makes 8 Servings
- 3 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (12-inch) prepared pizza crust
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup shredded Italian six-cheese blend
- 1/3 cup Thousand Island dressing
- 7 thin slices reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 400°F.
1 .Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Add ground beef, seasoned salt, and pepper; brown 5–7 minutes, stirring to crumble meat, or until no pink remains. Stir in steak sauce; remove meat from pan.
2 .Place pizza crust directly on oven rack; cook 7–8 minutes or until slightly crisp.
3 .Place butter in same pan, then add onions, caraway seeds, and Worcestershire sauce; cook 8–10 minutes or until soft and well browned.
4 .Place pizza crust on baking sheet. Combine shredded cheese and dressing; spread over crust. Arrange meat over dressing; spread onions over meat. Top with Cheddar cheese and return to oven; bake 4–5 minutes or until cheese melts. Slice pizza and serve.
Banana Split Salad
1 pint fresh strawberries (rinsed)
1 teaspoon sugar
2 bananas (rinsed)
8 ounces low-fat cottage cheese
1 1/2 tablespoons light salad dressing-type mayonnaise
4 lettuce leaves (rinsed)
2 tablespoons sliced almonds
1. Remove stems from strawberries. Cut into bite-size pieces and place in medium bowl. Sprinkle with sugar and set aside.
2. Quarter bananas lengthwise; then cut lengths in half and peel. Place 4 banana quarters in second medium bowl and mash with fork until smooth. Stir in cottage cheese and salad dressing.
3. Line each serving bowl with lettuce. Top with one "scoop" of cottage cheese mixture, using ice cream scoop to form mixture. Arrange 3 banana quarters around each scoop. Sprinkle with strawberries and top with almonds. Serve.