Linguine With Seafood In Saffron Broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup finely-chopped yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups fish stock
- 24 mussels scrubbed, de-bearded
- 3/4 pound medium white shrimp - (abt 24) shelled, deveined
- 1 pound dried linguine
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup finely-grated pecorino
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
In a small saucepan, bring the wine to a simmer. Remove from the heat and add the saffron. Set aside. In a medium stockpot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and red pepper flakes, and cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Add the garlic, and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the fish stock and saffron-wine mixture and bring a boil. Add mussels, cover, and cook for 1 minute. Add the shrimp, cover and simmer until the mussels open.
Add the linguine to the boiling water and cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid. Return the pasta, cooking liquid and 1 cup of the shellfish-saffron broth to the pot, and toss to coat.
Divide the linguine, shrimp, and mussels among 6 pasta bowls. Garnish with the chopped parsley, sprinkle with the cheese, and serve.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Buffalo Ranch Alfredo Pasta 4.5/5 (687 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (466 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)