- 1 medium tomato, halved or 3/4 cup chopped
- 1/2 cup (10 g) fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup (40 g) chopped onion
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted
Adapted from vitamix.com
1. Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
2. Select Variable 1.
3. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 3.
4. Blend for 15-20 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
5. You may need to stop the machine and run a spatula around the inside of the container to integrate ingredients.
6. Do not over mix. Leave chunky. Serve with tortilla chips.
7. When doubling recipe, increase avocados to 4 and increase onion to 1/2 cup (80 g).
This recipe has been written for the Vitamix 5200 with Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.