Grilled Butterflied Rainbow Trout
- Olive oil as needed
- 1 head escarole cleaned
- 2 pounds baby artichokes cleaned and halved
- 5 plum tomatoes halved
- 5 shallots halved
- 4 whole rainbow trout - (12 to 16 oz ea) cleaned, head
- removed, and butterflied
- 2 cups flour
- Essence to taste (see Bayou Blast recipe)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons very finely-grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
Preheat a grill.
Lightly oil the escarole, artichokes, tomatoes, and shallots and place on the grill. Grill until tender, removing as they finish and placing on a large platter.
Press down on the trout to completely open and flatten. Season the flour with Essence, salt, and pepper and place in a shallow dish. Dredge the trout in the seasoned flour. Add butter and oil to a hot saute pan. Pan-fry the trout until golden brown on both sides and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
Place the fish on top of the grilled vegetables and top with balsamic vinegar, lemon zest, and parsley.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (467 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.5/5 (142 Votes)
- Grilled Fish Tacos 4.5/5 (128 Votes)