Filets With Crabmeat Crust
- 4 beef filets (6-ounce) room
- 2 1/4 teaspoons Essence (see Bayou Blast recipe)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped yellow onions
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped green bell peppers
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped green onions
- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat picked over for shells and cartilage
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
Preheat a grill to high. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
Season the filets with 2 teaspoons Essence, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Mark the steaks on the grill, searing fully on both sides. Transfer to a small sheet pan and set aside.
Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions, bell peppers, celery, remaining 1/4 teaspoon Essence, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of the parsley and the green onions and cook until wilted, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
Place the crabmeat in a medium bowl and add the cooked vegetables. Add the mayonnaise and bread crumbs and stir gently to combine.
Evenly divide the crabmeat between the steaks, allowing about 1/4 cup for each steak. Pack the crabmeat on top of each steak, gently molding to the steak's shape to create a crust. Place in oven and cook for 10 minutes for medium-rare. Garnish with remaining 1 tablespoon parsley and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.