Favorite Chinese Green Beans
- 6 ounces ground pork
- 4 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce plus
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Essence recipe follows (see Bayou Blast recipe)
- 1/4 cup dried shrimp
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound Chinese long beans stem ends trimmed, and cut into 3" lengths
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup lightly-toasted white sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sri racha (roasted garlic-red pepper puree)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
In a bowl, combine the pork, 4 1/2 teaspoons of the soy sauce, and Essence. Toss to coat and let sit for 10 minutes.
In a separate bowl, combine the shrimp and water. Let sit for 15 minutes. Drain and roughly chop.
In a large saute pan or skillet, heat the oil over high heat. Add the beans and shallow fry until wrinkled, stirring, about 6 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels. Remove all but 1 tablespoon of the oil and add the pork mixture and stirring constantly, cook until brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 10 seconds. Add the chopped shrimp, greens beans, hoisin, remaining 3 teaspoons of soy sauce, sesame seeds, sri racha, and red pepper flakes. Stir to coat, and cook for 1 minute.
Remove from the heat and serve immediately.
This recipe yields 4 servings.