Cajun Seasoning Recipe
I used buy a lot of pre-mixed spices, but I've realized that many you can make yourself. Most likely you have these basic spices on hand, so make your own Cajun Spice Mix-- save money and they can even make fun little gifts.
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt (optional
Preparation time 10mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Mix all ingredients together and store in a small jar.
NOTE: I save glass spice jars and re-use them for homemade spice mixes. Super easy, cost-effective!