Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- 3 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 1 1 1/4 ounce packet taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups salsa verde
- 9 flour tortillas, fajita-size
- 1 15 1/2 ounce can refried beans, warmed in microwave
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees . Mix chicken, taco seasoning, water and salsa verde in a skillet. Simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes.
2. Coat 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. Cover bottom of pan with 3 flour tortillas, overlapping. Pour half of the chicken mixture on the tortillas. Cover with 3 more tortillas. Spread with warmed beans and the sour cream.
3. Sprinkle half the cheese over the beans and sour cream, and cover with the remaining 3 tortillas. Top with remaining chicken mixture, followed by remaining cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 28 minutes, until bubbly.