Black Bean-Chicken Enchilada Casserole
approx. 8 pp per serving
- 3 (8 oz.) cans no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4.5 oz) can chopped green chilis, undrained
- 12 (5 in.) corn tortillas
- 1 cup (4 oz.) reduced-fat shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 oz.) reduced-fat shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
Preheat oven 350 degrees
Combine first 3 ingredients, stir well. Spread 3/4 cup tomato sauce mixture in bottom of 13x9 inch baking dish, set aside.
Combine chicken, black beans, green chills, and 1/2 cup tomato sauce mixture in a medium bowl, stir well.
Place 6 tortillas on top of tomato sauce mixture in baking dish, top with half chicken mixture and half of remaining tomato sauce mixture. Repeat layers with remainig tortillas, chicken mixture and tomato sauce mixture. Sprinkle with cheeses.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Top with sour cream and onions. Cut into 6 equal portions.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Texas Trash Warm Bean Dip 4.5/5 (184 Votes)
- Minestrone Soup 4.4/5 (148 Votes)
- Tuscan White Bean Salad with... 4.4/5 (128 Votes)