Wild Mushroom And Sausage Frittata
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped smoked sausage
- 2 cups sliced wild mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Essence (see Bayou Blast recipe)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Heat the oil in 10-inch nonstick, ovenproof skillet. Add sausage and saute until it begins to brown, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and saute until golden, about 3 more minutes. Stir in garlic and sage and cook another 30 seconds.
In a blender combine the eggs with the heavy cream, pepper, Essence and salt and process briefly until frothy. Pour the egg mixture into skillet and cook, undisturbed, until the sides and bottom are set but center is loose, about 4 minutes.
Place under broiler and cook until mixture is just set on top and cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes. Cool 2 minutes, invert onto plate and serve.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Pan-Fried Quail, Country Milk... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sauteed Soft-Shell Crabs With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fillet Of Pork With Rosemary-Apple... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Veal Parmesan 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Breasts With Chanterelle... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Maple Sausage Breakfast Burritos 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Steak And Ale's Sauteed Mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)