Thai Peanut Chicken
- 2 cupsuncooked white rice
- 4 cupswater
- 3 tablespoonssoy sauce
- 2 tablespoonscreamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoonswhite wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspooncayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoonsolive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoonschopped garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoonschopped fresh ginger root
- 3/4 cupchopped green onions
- 2 1/2 cupsbroccoli florets
- 1/3 cupunsalted dry-roasted peanuts
1.Combine the rice and water in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until rice is tender. In a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, peanut butter, vinegar, and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
2.Heat oil in a skillet or wok over high heat. Add chicken, garlic and ginger, and cook, stirring constantly, until chicken is golden on the outside, about 5 minutes.
3.Reduce heat to medium, and add green onion, broccoli, peanuts, and the peanut butter mixture. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes, or until broccoli is tender, and chicken is cooked through. Serve over rice.