Spinach And Endive Salad With Pickled Beets And Eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups fresh spinach rinsed and patted dry, stems removed
- 2 shallots cut into rings
- 1 Belgian endive separated into
- 1 Granny Smith apple cored, and cut into thin wedges
- 2 pickled beets cut 1/2" cubes (see Pickled Eggs And Beets recipe)
- 2 pickled eggs sliced thin
- crosswise (see Pickled Eggs And Beets recipe)
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
To make the dressing, in a bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, oil and lemon juice. Add the dill and salt, and whisk to combine.
In a large bowl, combine the spinach and shallots and toss with enough dressing to coat. Divide the spinach among 4 plates. Alternately arrange the endive spears and apple wedges around the outside edges of the plates.
Place the beets and eggs in the center of the greens. Drizzle the remaining dressing over the salad to lightly coat. Sprinkle with the pine nuts and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.