- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, very cold, cut into 1/2 inch cubes.)
- put butter in freezer for 15 minutes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar (Omit if using for meat or vegetable pie)
- 6 to 8 tablespoons very cold (ice) water
Combine flour, salt and sugar in a food processor, pulse to mix.
Add Butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal and you have pea size pieces of butter.
Add ice water 1 tablespoons at a time, pulsing until mixture begins to clump together. Test to see if dough makes a ball in fist.
Mound dough and place on clean surface. Gently shape into two discs of equal size.
Wrap each disc in wax paper and refrigerate one hour.
Let disc sit at room temperature for 5 minutes before rolling.