Skirt Steak with Arugula Salad
- 4 Tbl. extra virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 ciabatta rolls, cut into cubes (about 5 cups)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 Tbl. capers, plus 2 Tbl. brine from the jar
- 1 1/4 lbs. skirt steak
- 6 cups baby arugula
Heat 1 Tbl. olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add the bread cubes and cook until crisp and slightly golden, turning as needed, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper and cook, tossing, until the garlic is slightly golden, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a large bowl; wipe out the skillet. Add the radishes, tomatoes, basil, capers and caper brine to the bowl and toss to combine.
Heat 1 Tbl. olive oil in the same skillet over medium high heat. Season the steak with salt and pepper, add to the pan an sear until browned on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Turn an sear until browned on the other side, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes.
Add the arugula and the remaining 2 Tbl. olive oil to the bowl with the salad and toss to coat; season with salt and pepper. Thinly slice the steak against the grain and divide among plates. Serve with the salad.