Cheddar & Garlic Biscuits
Try to be alone in the kitchen when you take these light, cheese-filled biscuits from the oven! Their freshness and aroma will be so tempting, the biscuits may not actually make it to the table!
- 2 cloves peeled garlic
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups instant baking mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425ºF. Coat 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Mince garlic. In small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and cook, stirring con¬stantly until soft, 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. In medium mixing bowl, stir together baking mix and milk to form soft dough. Lightly flour large cutting board; turn out dough onto surface. Gently pat dough into 7 x 12-inch rectangle.
3. Spread garlic and butter mixture evenly over top. Sprinkle with cheese and roll dough into 12-inch log.
4. With sharp knife, cut dough into 12 (1-inch thick) slices. Place l slice, cut side up, in each prepared muffin cup.
5. Bake until lightly browned, 8-9 minutes. Cool in pan 1 min; transfer to bowl or basket and serve.