Salted Caramel Turtle Triangles
- Cookie Base
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® double chocolate chunk cookie mix
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- Caramel Topping
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 bag (14 oz) caramels, approximately 50 caramels
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 t coarse kosher salt, plus additional 1/2 t for top of bars
Heat oven to 350°F.
Spray 9 x 13-inch pan with cooking spray.
In medium bowl, stir together cookie mix, butter, water and egg until soft dough forms.
Press dough evenly into prepared pan, sprinkle with 1/3 cup pecans. Bake 11 to 15 minutes or until set in center and edges just begin to pull from sides of pan.
Set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, in medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter, caramels and cream, stirring frequently until mixture is smooth.
Remove from heat.
Stir in vanilla and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
Spread caramel evenly over cookie base and sprinkle with remaining pecans.
Sprinkle top of caramel with additional salt right before serving.
To serve, cut into 4 rows by 6 rows and cut each square diagonally into triangles.
Store in refrigerator; bring to room temperature before serving.