Pork Medallions In Mustard-Green Peppercorn Cream Sauce
- MATCHSTICK POTATOES:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 pork medallions - (4 oz ea)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon crushed drained green peppercorns
- 1/2 pound baking potatoes, like russets peeled
- 1/2 pound sweet potatoes peeled
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley garnish
In a large, heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Season both sides of the pork lightly with the salt and pepper. Add the medallions to the pan and cook for 2 1/2 minutes on the first side and 2 minutes on the second side. Transfer to a large plate and cover to keep warm.
Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the skillet, and when foamy, add the shallots and garlic. Cook, stirring, until soft, 1 minute. Add the white wine and simmer until reduced to 3 tablespoons, about 4 minutes. Add the cream, bring to a boil, and cook until reduced by half, about 4 minutes.
Reduce the heat to medium and add the mustard, whisking to incorporate. Add the remaining tablespoon of butter, whisking to incorporate. Stir in the green peppercorns. Return the pork medallions and any accumulated juices to the pan and cook until the meat is just warmed through, about 30 seconds.
To serve, divide the potatoes among the 4 plates. Arrange 2 medallions on each plate and top with sauce. Garnish each serving with parsley and serve.
Matchstick Potatoes: Preheat a fryer to 365 degrees.
Using a mandolin, cut the potatoes into thin matchsticks. Fry separately, in batches, until golden brown and crispy, about 4 minutes. Remove from the oil and drain on paper towels. Season with salt.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (704 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (666 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (191 Votes)
- Halloween Candy Corn Cupcakes 4.5/5 (133 Votes)