Turkey Meatball Stroganoff
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped fine, divided use
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 pound mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup medium-dry sherry
- 1 cup low-salt chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill, more as desired
- Beurre Manie***
- 1 tablespoon each softened unsalted butter and flour
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from cdkitchen.com
In a bowl stir together well turkey, 2 tablespoons onion, garlic, salt, pepper, bread crumbs, and egg yolk and form into meatballs about 1 inch in diameter.
In a heavy skillet heat oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and cook meatballs, shaking skillet, until browned well, about 4 minutes. Transfer meatballs with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
To skillet add remaining onion and salt and pepper to taste and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until onion is softened. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until liquid mushrooms give off is evaporated. Add sherry and boil until almost completely reduced. Add broth and Worcestershire sauce and bring to a boil.
Make beurre manie by rubbing together butter and flour. Add beurre manie, a little at a time, whisking, and boil 2 minutes.
Add meatballs and simmer, covered, 5 minutes. Stir in dill.
Serve with buttered egg noodles and sour cream.