Grilled Turkey & Strawberry Salad
Grilled Turkey & Strawberry Salad is the perfect way to make a delicious salad that won't leave you bored! You could substitute leftover Thanksgiving turkey in this recipe.
- 1 (1 3/4-pound) boneless turkey breast half
- 1 recipe lemon-pepper rub
- 4 slices pancetta
- 1 (5-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 6 ounces dried cavatappi or gemelli pasta
- 1 large yellow sweet pepper, seeded and cut into bite-size strips
- 1 recipe strawberry-sherry vinaigrette
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
Preparation time 50mins
Cooking time 95mins
Adapted from Www.bhg.com
Remove skin from turkey, if present. Spread Lemon-Pepper Rub evenly over turkey. Top with pancetta. Tie at 2-inch intervals with 100-percent-cotton kitchen string.
For a charcoal grill, arrange medium-hot coals around a drip pan. Test for medium heat above pan. Place turkey on grill rack over drip pan. Cover and grill for 45 to 55 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink (170°F). (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Adjust for indirect cooking. Cover and grill as above.)
Spread spinach on a large serving platter. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water to cool; drain again. In a large bowl combine pasta and sweet pepper. Add Strawberry-Sherry Vinaigrette; toss to coat. Spoon pasta mixture on top of spinach.
Slice turkey. Arrange turkey slices and strawberries on top of salad. Sprinkle with pine nuts.
To Make Ahead:
Prepare as directed through Step 3, except do not spoon pasta mixture on top of spinach. Cover and chill turkey, spinach, and pasta mixture separately for up to 24 hours. To serve, spoon pasta mixture on top of spinach and continue as directed in Step 4.
Instead of preparing Lemon-Pepper Rub, use 1 1/2 teaspoons purchased lemon-pepper seasoning. Use 3/4 cup bottled berry vinaigrette salad dressing in place of the Strawberry-Sherry Vinaigrette.
4 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon snipped fresh thyme
1 clove garlic, minced
1. In a small bowl stir together lemon peel, oil, salt, pepper, sugar, thyme, and garlic.
1 cup fresh strawberries, halved
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or white balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. In a blender or food processor combine strawberries, oil, vinegar, honey, basil, salt, and pepper. Cover and blend or process until smooth.
You'll also love
- Tuna Nicoise Sandwiches 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Chicken, Sausage, and Rice Soup 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Garlic-Rosemary Chicken with... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Healthy Spicy Lamb Shish Kebabs 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Carrot-Ginger Dressing 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Vegan Portobello and Poblano... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Vegan Lentil Burgers 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- GUNPOWDER SMOKED TURKEY 4.6/5 (5 Votes)