Grilled Sausages with Asparagus
Grilled sausage and asparagus with a sauce made of pesto, lemon juice, chopped walnuts and charred lemon on the side.
Marian Cooper Cairns, Southern Living
- 3 lemons, halved and divided
- 1/2 cup refrigerated pesto sauce
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped and divided
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds sweet Italian sausage links
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Preheat grill to medium-high (350° to 400°) heat.
Squeeze juice from 2 lemon halves to equal 2 tablespoons. Stir together pesto, lemon juice, and 1/4 cup walnuts. Snap off and discard tough ends of asparagus; toss asparagus with olive oil.
Grill sausage, without grill lid, 10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, turning occasionally. At the same time, grill asparagus, without grill lid, 4 minutes or until tender. Brush asparagus with pesto mixture, and transfer to a serving platter. Grill remaining 4 lemon halves, cut sides down, 1 minute or until charred. Place on platter with asparagus. Slice sausage, and arrange on serving platter. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup walnuts.
You'll also love
- Herb Grilled Chicken with Creamy... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Zucchini Tzatziki 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Grilled Apricots & Pork Tenderloin... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Turkey Minestrone 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Asparagus & Radishes with Mint 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Whole-Wheat Spaghetti with Sausage... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Mint Love Letters with Spicy Lamb... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)