BBQ Bacon Wrapped Chicken
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 12 thick slices of bacon (Farmland brand is my favorite!)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (Love, Love Baby Rays!)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Lightly spray a 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
Cook the bacon in a skillet until the sides are lightly crisped (about 5 minutes, don't over cook)
Put the bacon on a paper towel lined plate to absorb excess fat.
Trim your chicken so there is no fat on it.
Place the chicken breasts in the prepared casserole dish.
Wrap each chicken breast with 2 pieces of bacon in an x shape, tucking the ends under each breast.
Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes depending on how thick your chicken breasts are. Closer to 40 if you have a thicker chicken breast.
Take out of oven and spread the barbecue sauce on top of each breast. I make sure there is plenty on each one.
Bake for another 10-15 minutes in the oven (once again depending on chicken thickness).
About 5 minutes before the chicken is done cooking, sprinkle the cheese on top. Return to oven to melt the cheese.
Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (884 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (886 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (706 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (674 Votes)
- Bacon Cheddar Potato Cakes 4.5/5 (273 Votes)
- Bacon Breakfast Enchiladas 4.4/5 (234 Votes)
- Potato & Bacon Potato Salad 4.5/5 (218 Votes)