Beer-Battered Green Beans with Sriracha Aioli
- 2/3 c. beer OR 1 c. cake flour
- 1/2 c. flour 1/3 c. white rice flour
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- Salt and Pepper 1 1/4 c. cold club soda
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 c. low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. sriracha sauce
- 2 tsp. vegetarian ponzu (?)
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 pound thin green beans, trimmed
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the beer, flour, cornstarch and 1/2 tsp. salt; let rest for 10 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk together mayo and sriracha sauce and season with salt.
2. In a large pot, heat the oil until it registers 375 degrees. Whisk the batter again, add the green beans and toss to coat. Working in batches and using tongs, gently lower the beans into the oil. Fry, turning halfway through, until golden, about 3 minutes. Let drain on paper towels and season with salt. Serve with sriracha aioli.
Serves 4 to 6