Chile Relleno Casserole
- Three 7-oz cans whole green chiles---drain & remove seeds
- 1 About 1 lb. grated monterrey jack cheese
- 12-14 eggs (more or less)
- 3/4 - to one cup half & half
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- Some finely chopped red pepper & green onion
- Small amt. grated sharp cheddar cheese
Lightly grease a 9x13 pan. Line pan with half of the chiles (tear into strips) and half the cheese. Repeat. Sprinkle chopped pepper and onion on top
Wisk together eggs, half & half, salt, mustard and pepper. Pour over chiles & cheese. Top with grated cheddar and a sprinkle of paprika.
Bake at 350 until the middle no longer jiggles---about 35-45 min.