Goat Cheese Spread with Herbs and Olive Oil
- 8 oz goat cheese (approx. 1 cup)
- 2 tbls heavy cream, plus more if needed
- 2 tbls extra-virging olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 tbls dry white wine
- 2 tbls chopped fresh herb (choose at least 2 from parsley, chives, tarragon, dill, basil)
- 1 tbls finely grated lemon zest
- crackers or cocktail bread
- cherry tomatoes
Put goat cheese, whipping cream, olive oil and wine ia a food processor. Pulse to blend. Mixture should be spreadable - if too thick, add 1 or 2 tbls cream and pulse again. Season with salt & pepper.
Reserve some herbs for sprinkling, and add rest to processor. Add 2 tsps lemom zest. Pulse to blend.
Put mixture in bowl and refrigerate. When ready to serve, level cheese, put depression on top with a spoon. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle herbs and lemon zest.
Arrange crackers, tomatoes, etc around the spread.