- 1/2 cup small-diced onions
- 1/2 cup small-diced carrots
- 1/2 pound orzo or pastina
- 1 head escarole cleaned, sliced
- 3 quarts White Chicken Stock (see recipe)
- Reserved chicken (from stock) cut bite size
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 cup grated locatelli cheese
- 1 lemon juiced
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Bring the stock to a simmer in a large soup pot. Add the onions, carrots, pasta, and escarole. Bring to a boil and cook until the pasta is cooked through and the escarole is tender, about 8 minutes.
While soup is simmering, pick the chicken from the bones and cut into bite sized pieces. Add the chicken and cook just until heated through.
Combine the eggs, cheese, and lemon juice and mix well. Add the egg cheese mixture to the soup and stir well. Season with salt and pepper.
This recipe yields 8 to 10 servings.