Vietnamase Beef Jerky (Thit kho bo)
Unlike other jerky recipes this Vietnamese version only requires 30 minutes of cook time. The marinade should be at least 5 hours but sit tight, you'll be enjoying this tasty snack in no time at all!
- 3 pounds beef (ball tip roast, top round or sirloin roast, fat trimmed)
- 3 tablespoons lemongrass
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon five spice powder or curry powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder or curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons oil or oyster sauce
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cut beef across the grain, 1/4 inch thick.
Mix the lemongrass, minced garlic, sugar, salt, five spice powder, turmeric and pepper. Add the oil to help the spices combine well. Rub the spices on both sides of the beef slices. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 5 hours.
Use a dehydrator or preheat oven at 375°F. Arrange the beef slices on a rack and into the oven, at the highest level for 15 minutes. Turn the beef slices over and return to the oven for 15 more minutes.
You'll also love
- citrus champagne punch 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Cherry Cream Cheese Pie 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Corned Beef Hash 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Joy of Cooking Apple Pie 3.8/5 (11 Votes)
- Ground Beef Stew over Mashed... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Homemade Italian Sub Dressing 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Uncle Bill's Deep Fried Zucchini... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Crock Pot Cream Cheese Chicken... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)