- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 4 veal scallops - (abt 3/4 lb) pounded 1/8"
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1 lemon - (or more to taste) juiced (abt 2 tbspns)
- 2 tablespoon capers drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves (optional), plus
- parsley sprigs for garnish
In a shallow bowl or plate combine the flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the salt and pepper and stir to combine thoroughly. Quickly dredge the veal scallops in the seasoned flour mixture, shaking to remove any excess flour.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until very hot but not smoking. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of the butter and, working quickly and in batches if necessary, cook the veal until golden brown on both sides, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
Deglaze the pan with wine and bring to a boil, scraping to remove any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. When the wine has reduced by half, add the chicken stock, chopped garlic, lemon juice and capers and cook for 5 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened slightly. Whisk in the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt, remaining 3 1/2 tablespoons of butter and the chopped parsley.
When the butter has melted, return the veal scallops to the pan and cook until heated through and the sauce has thickened, about 1 minute. Garnish with parsley sprigs and serve immediately.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Spice-Rubbed Chicken with Duck... 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Henke's Hunter's Venison 4.9/5 (11 Votes)
- Roasted Goose with Crispy Skin 4.6/5 (34 Votes)