- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces country ham or fat back cubed
- 2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup sliced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 pounds baking potatoes, like russets peeled, and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
In a large, heavy pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the ham and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the onions, salt, pepper, thyme, and rosemary, and cook, stirring, until the onions start to color, about 10 minutes. Add the shallots and garlic, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
Add the potatoes and stock, and stir well to incorporate. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender and have absorbed the stock, about 45 minutes.
Remove from the heat and serve.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (451 Votes)
- Roasted Red Potatoes with Bacon,... 4.4/5 (163 Votes)
- Roasted Red Potatoes with Bacon &... 4.6/5 (84 Votes)
- Garlic Lemon Chicken with Green... 4.6/5 (80 Votes)