Massaged Kale Salad with Mango & Avocado
A massaged kale salad with a tropical flavor profile. Toasted almonds give crunch, and creamy avocado and mango mingle with flaked coconut.
- 1 bunch lacinato (dinosaur) kale, leaves torn from the stalks and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup lime olive oil, such as Boston Olive Oil Company Whole Fruit Persian Lime
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar or honey
- 2 ripe Champagne mangos, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 ripe but firm avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut, toasted
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 5mins
In a large bowl, toss the sliced kale leaves with a small drizzle of the olive oil and a bit of Kosher salt; massage with your hands until the kale softens and wilts, about 2 to 3 minutes.
In a small bowl or jar combine the remaining olive oil, honey, and salt & pepper to taste. Whisk or shake until well-combined.
Toss the massaged kale with the dressing and add in the diced mango and avocado.
Serve at room temperature topped with the toasted sliced almonds and flaked coconut.
Can be made a few hours in advance.
To make your own lime olive oil, you can use 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil plus 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice.
You'll also love
- Soup: Miso Clam Chowder 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Ratatouille Soup 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Watermelon Margaritas 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Coconut Chicken Fingers 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Eric's Pumpkin Protein Pancakes 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Spinach, Onion and Goat Cheese... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE MAC AND... 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Butternut Squash and Kale 4.3/5 (10 Votes)