Eggplant Casserole Easy
By Fleur de lis
- 6-8 Chinese eggplants (or more if small) you judge, can't have too many
- 1 large onion chopped
- Tony Chachere's Seasoning (to taste)
- 1/2 cup garlic seasoned bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 1 can of drained Rotel tomatoes
- 1 egg
- olive oil
- Topping: combine
- 1 sleeve of Ritz crackers crushed into small pieces
- 3/4 stick of butter, melted
Adapted from ehow.com
Peel and slice eggplants. Pour several Tbsp. of olive oil in a frying pan and saute chopped onion. Add eggplant and cook down until soft, adding a little water during this process to keep it from burning on bottom. Season with Tony's while simmering. When cooked, drain and then put in a mixing bowl. Add Parmesan, Swiss, Rotel tomatoes, and seasoned bread crumbs. Add egg last and mix thoroughly.
Line a casserole with olive oil and pour in eggplant mixture. Add Topping of Ritz Crackers to top and spread evenly.
Bake at 325 degrees until bubbly and crackers are slightly browned.