Grilled Salmon Salad Nicoise
Make the perfect healthy dinner any night of the week! Grilled Salmon Salad Nicoise is the perfect way to eat your veggies without sacrificing flavor.
- LEMON VINAIGRETTE:
- 2 (4 to 5-ounces) fresh or frozen skinless salmon fillets
- 8 tiny new potatoes
- 8 ounces fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 8 grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup snipped fresh chives
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup Nicoise olives, pitted, and/or other pitted olives
- Lemon vinaigrette
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from diabeticlivingonline.com
Thaw salmon, if frozen. Rinse salmon; pat dry with paper towels. Set aside. Peel a strip around the center of each potato. In a covered large saucepan, cook potatoes in enough lightly salted boiling water to cover for 10 minutes. Add green beans. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 5 minutes more or until potatoes and beans are tender. Drain. Rinse with cold water to cool quickly; drain again. Set aside.
Meanwhile, measure thickness of salmon fillets. Sprinkle salmon with lemon-pepper seasoning. Lightly coat both sides of salmon fillets with cooking spray.
For a charcoal grill, place salmon fillets on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, turning once halfway through grilling if fish is over 3/4 inch thick. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place salmon fillets on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.) Cut salmon into serving-size pieces.
Line six plates with salad greens. Arrange salmon, potatoes, green beans, tomatoes, chives, eggs, and olives on greens. Drizzle with Lemon Vinaigrette.
In a screw-top jar, combine lemon peel, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Cover and shake well.
You'll also love
- Halibut with Lemons & Leeks 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Gluten Free Oatmeal Cherry Cookies 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Provencal Chicken Mussels Pot 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- SALMON LA ORANGE SUE'S 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon Salad in Cucumber... 4/5 (16 Votes)
- Heart-Healthy Salmon Salad 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Grilled Salmon with Italian... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Honey Ginger Grilled Salmon 0/5 (0 Votes)