Valveeta Potato Soup
Bacon can be stirred into soup or held in reserve for a garnish.
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1 pkg. Simply Potatoes with diced onion
- 1 carrot grated or mince as best as possible
- 1 14 1/2 oz. can chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon each: celery seed, salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups of milk (canned milk, half and half can be used)
- 8 ozs. Velveeta cheese cubed
- 2 green onions thinly sliced (optional)
Adapted from ww.gogle.com
In large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook the diced bacon until crisp. Drain bacon fat if desired. Add the Simply Potatoes, chicken broth, carrot, parsley, celery seed, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10-15 minutes. Combine flour and milk until smooth; add to soup. boil and stir for 2 minutes. Add Velveeta, stir until cheese melts and the soup is heated through. Ladle into bowls and garnish with green onions.