Classic Creamy Herb Vinaigrette
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 cup French Vinaigrette (see recipe)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh green herbs (chives, tarragon, oregano)
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch freshly-ground black pepper
Whip the cream until soft peaks form. Slowly whisk the vinaigrette into the whipped cream until combined. Whisk in the herbs, lemon juice, and vegetable oil. Taste and adjust the seasonings. Use at once or cover and refrigerate.
Serve with poached fish and grilled vegetables.
This recipe yields about 3/4 cup.