Sunny's Quick Corn & Pico Salad
This quick corn and pico salad with black beans is a great side for a backyard BBQ. Everyone always asks me for the recipe, it's so good!
- 4 ears fresh corn, husks removed
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can black beans, rinsed clean in a colander and shaken to dry
- 1 cup prepared pico de gallo (be sure to buy the "dry" kind--no juice or sauce, just chopped veggies)
- Kosher salt
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Using a knife, cut the kernels off each cob and place in a large bowl. Using the back, unsharpened side of your knife or a flat metal spatula, firmly scrape the length of each bare cob over a small bowl to release the corn milk.
Add the hot sauce, lime juice and cumin to the corn milk and whisk. Pour the dressing over the corn and toss to coat.
Add the black beans, pico de gallo and a small pinch of salt to the bowl with the corn. Toss and serve chilled or at room temperature.
You'll also love
- Festive Pasta Salad 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Grilled Chicken Cutlets with... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Roasted Tomato-Bread Toss 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Pistachio-Crusted Sea Bass with... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Roasted Vegetables with... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Chili Cornbread Pie 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Black Bean, Corn and Avocado... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Garden Salad & Snap Pea Crostini 4.6/5 (7 Votes)