Crispy Orange Beef with Broccoli
- 3 cups white rice
- 1 1/4 pounds beef chuck steak
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon peeled and chopped ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets, stems sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cook the white rice according to package directions. Reserve 2 cups cooked rice for the online round 2 recipe, Beef Fried Rice.
Thinly slice the chuck steak, about 1/4-inch thick, across the grain. Cut the slices into 3-inch long strips.
Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. Toss the beef in the cornstarch and shake off excess. Fry the beef in 2 batches in the hot oil, turning once, until crispy and golden, about 2 minutes on each side. Remove the beef from the pan and set aside on paper towel lined plate. Carefully drain the oil from the wok or skillet.
In a medium bowl add the marmalade, garlic, vinegar, ginger, soy sauce and orange juice and whisk until well combined. Add to the wok, over high heat, and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the broccoli, reserving about 1 1/2 cups for round 2 recipe, Wonton Soup and online round 2 recipe, Beef Fried Rice. Cook the broccoli until slightly tender and the sauce is thick, about 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the beef, then transfer to a serving platter. Serve immediately with the white rice.
You'll also love
- Fish: Wasabi Salmon with Bok Choy... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Strawberry Daiquiri Cake 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Spinach Lasagna 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Cabbage Salad with carrots, apples... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Roast Pork with Pan Sauce 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Chili Lime Chicken 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Breasts 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Crockpot Beef and Broccoli 4.6/5 (9 Votes)