Chocolate Cherry Krispies
Crisp candy-like nuggets made with dried cherries, slivered almonds, rice krispies, and melted chocolate. Great addition to your Christmas candy tray, or like right now!
- 2/3 cup dried cherries (cut in halves, if desired)
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds (chopped, if desired)
- 1 2/3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- tiny pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Line a baking sheet with foil or waxed paper.
Chop cherries and almonds if desired; place them in a mixing bowl. Add the cereal. Set aside.
Melt both chocolates, salt, and the oil together just until barely melted, stirring until smooth. Stir in the vanilla.
Pour mixture over the ingredients in the mixing bowl; stir well to combine.
Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared pan.
Keep stored in the refrigerator until serving time.