Teriyaki-Glazed Halibut With Cucumber Noodles
- 1/3 cup mirin (or rice wine)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 4 halibut fillets - (5 to 6 oz ea)
- 1/4 cup black and white sesame seeds more or less
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Minced green onions as garnish
- Cucumber Noodles (see recipe)
Combine the mirin, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, garlic, and cayenne in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer until reduced a thick glaze, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from the heat.
Set the halibut fillets on a baking dish and sprinkle with cayenne. Paint on both sides with the glaze. Let marinate for 15 minutes.
Bring the glaze back to a boil and boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and keep warm.
Place the sesame seeds in a dish and dip the fillets onto the seeds, pressing lightly to coat each side with about 1 teaspoon of seeds.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the fillets and cook until browned and just done, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove from the pan to 4 serving plates. Garnish with the green onions and brush with any remaining glaze. Serve with the Cucumber Noodles.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Shrimp Etouffee With Steamed Rice... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Seafood Gumbo II 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Potato, Salmon And Lovage Soup... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Penne Pasta With Vegetable Pearls 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Macaroni With 4 Cheeses! 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hash Brown Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fettuccini With Shellfish,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Linguica-Stuffed Turkey Breast... 0/5 (0 Votes)