Roasted Vegetable Salad
- 2 large eggplant - (1 1/4 lbs) peeled, trimmed, and cut into 1/2" dice
- 2 large zucchini - (12 oz) trimmed, and cut into 1/2" dice
- 2 medium yellow squash - (6 oz) trimmed, and cut into 1/2" dice
- 2 cups diced onion
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 cup finely-chopped assorted fresh herbs (such as chives, tarragon, dill, chervil, basil, cilantro, and parsley)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 8 ounces goat's milk feta crumbled
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Place the vegetables in a large mixing bowl and toss with the olive oil, salt, and pepper, to evenly coat.
Spread the vegetables in one layer in a large roasting pan, and roast in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove the roasting pan from the oven and allow the vegetables to cool for 15 minutes.
Place the vegetables in a large mixing bowl and toss with the fresh herbs, olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Toss with the cheese and serve.
This recipe yields 8 cups, 10 to 12 servings.