Seafood Pasta in Sherry Tomato Cream Sauce
- 1 1/2 lbs bow-tie or penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb shiitake or cremini mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 large shallots, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb seafood (lobster, shrimp, scallops, crab meat...whatever you prefer, or a combo of each)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 dry sherry
- 1/2 cup stock (seafood or chicken will work)
- 15oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Handful of fresh chives or parsley (optional)
- Parmigiano-reggiano cheese
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Heat a large, deep skillet with the olive oil. Add the mushrooms, shallots, garlic and red pepper flakes and sautee for 5 minutes.
Raise the heat and add the seafood,lemon zest and salt and pepper. Cook until firm and opaque (few minutes) do not overcook. Remove seafood from pan and set aside.
Deglaze the pan with sherry, stir in the stock and tomatoes and bring to a bubble. Reduce to a simmer and stir in the heavy cream. Add seafood back to the pan and mix together.
Drain pasta and toss in the sauce and herbs. Add salt & pepper, if needed. Top with some parmigiano-reggiano cheese.