Paul's Grilled Grouper
- ARUGULA AND ORANGE SALAD:
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon finely-grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon Essence (see Bayou Blast recipe)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 grouper - (3 1/2 to 4 lbs) fillets removed, with scales intact
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped fresh herbs (such as tarragon, thyme, basil or chives)
- 2 cups arugula cleaned
- 2 cups baby spinach cleaned
- 1/2 red onion sliced thinly
- 1 orange supremed
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Preheat the grill to medium-high.
In a small bowl combine the butter, garlic, Parmesan, Essence, and olive oil and whisk to combine.
Lay the fillets on the grill, scale-side down, and brush generously with the melted butter mixture. Close the grill cover and cook for 3 minutes. Open and brush again with the melted butter mixture. Repeat this process until the flesh is firm and opaque, for a total cooking time of about 12 to 15 minutes for this size fish. The last minute of cooking time, sprinkle with the fresh herbs. Remove from the grill and serve immediately with Arugula and Orange Salad.
Arugula And Orange Salad: In a large salad bowl, combine the arugula, spinach, red onion, and orange segments.
In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, orange juice, and vinegar. While whisking, slowly drizzle in the oil. Whisk until emulsified and season with salt and pepper.
This recipe yields 2 to 4 servings.