Pan-Fried Catfish With Spicy Tartar Sauce And Hush Puppies
- 4 catfish fillets - (8 oz ea) sliced thinly as
- possible lengthwise in 2 to 3 thin pieces
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Spicy Tartar Sauce (see recipe)
- Buttermilk Hush Puppies (see recipe)
Place the flour in a shallow dish and season with 1 1/2 teaspoons of the Creole seasoning. Season the fish on both sides with the salt. Lightly dredge both sides of the fish with the flour and shake to remove any excess.
Heat about 1/2 cup of the oil in a large, heavy skillet. Place 2 fish fillets in the pan and cook for 4 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towels and season with the remaining Creole seasoning. Repeat with the remaining fish, adding more oil as needed.
Serve hot with the Spicy Tartar Sauce and Buttermilk Hush Puppies.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (890 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (896 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (263 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.5/5 (148 Votes)
- Grilled Fish Tacos 4.5/5 (129 Votes)