Blueberry Mango Quinoa Salad with Lemon Basil Dressing
The perfect healthy salad for summer – fruity, tangy, fresh and filling. You can customize any way you like. Try it with chickpeas, sprouts, walnuts, jicama, or fresh mint if you're looking to switch things up!
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- FRUITS AND VEGGIES:
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup ripe mangoes, cubed
- 1/2 cup cucumbers, cubed
- 1/2 tablespoon dried cranberries
- LEMON BASIL DRESSING:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 10 basil leaves, chopped finely
- salt and pepper
Adapted from veggiebelly.com
Place the quinoa and water in a medium skillet and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat, and simmer covered for about 15 minutes or till the quinoa is cooked. Remove the lid, and fluff the quinoa with a fork. Let it cool to room temperature.
While the quinoa is cooking, combine the fruits in a bowl and refrigerate till you are ready to serve the salad.
Whisk together all the dressing ingredients, except the chopped basil. Refrigerate till you are ready to serve. Chop and add the basil to the dressing just before serving. If you add it earlier, it will go black.
Add half the dressing to the quinoa and mix gently.
Assemble the salad just before serving – toss the quinoa, fruits and cucumbers together. Serve other half of the dressing on the side. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Creamy Lemon Crumb Squares 4.5/5 (115 Votes)
- Macaroni Salad 4.5/5 (115 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pancakes with Cinnamon... 4.5/5 (119 Votes)
- Lemon Cookies 4.5/5 (115 Votes)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Bites 4.5/5 (117 Votes)
- blueberry crumb bars 4.6/5 (94 Votes)
- Mango Margaritas 4.5/5 (93 Votes)
- Mango Martini (español) 4.5/5 (74 Votes)