Carrot-Walnut Loaf Cake
Recipe source: Bon Appetit | May 2015
- 1 cup vegetable oil, plus more
- 1 1/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour; plus more
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 ounces carrots, coarsely grated (about 2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly oil and flour a 9x5" loaf pan. Whisk baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and 1 1/4 cups flour in a small bowl. Toss raisins, walnuts, and remaining 1 tablespoon flour in another bowl.
2. Using an electric mixer on medium high speed, beat eggs and granulated sugar in a medium bowl until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. With mixer running, gradually drizzle in 1 cup oil, then add vanilla. Fold in dry ingredients, raisin mixture, and carrots; scrape batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
3. Bake cake until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 65–75 minutes. Let cool slightly in pan, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Bake up to 2 days ahead. Store wrapped at room temperature.